Duration: 3 Hour Virtual Tutorial
Location: Virtual - GST
Upcoming Dates: 29 Jun 2020 , 13 Oct 2020
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This course provides you with an introduction to the rapidly developing regulatory environment in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The course will clarify the obligations that apply to you and your organisation in that jurisdiction.
Who is this for?
This course is relevant to all staff working in the DIFC for a DFSA Regulated firm.
- The history of the regulatory regime in the UAE
- The relevant Federal Laws, decrees and the constitution
- The regulatory organisation: pre and post DIFC
- International recognition
- The DFSA and the DIFC
- The aims and objectives
- DFSA’s approach to regulation and main target areas
- DFSA Rulebook
- An overview of the DFSA Conduct of Business Rules
- The Authorisation process
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DIFC regulatory environment, particularly the role of the DFSA, including:
- When, how and why it was established
- Its structure, responsibilities and powers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure of the DFSA Rulebook, including the:
- Application and Licensing process
- Firm's scope of business and category
- Conduct of Business rules
- Powers and Enforcement
- Describe the obligation on Authorised firms to identify and manage business risks
- Understand the relationship between the DFSA and the other Regulatory Bodies e.g. Central Bank and SCA.
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.