Duration: 3 Hours
Location: Dubai, UAE
Upcoming Dates: 24 Feb 2020 , 13 Oct 2020
This course provides you with an introduction to the rapidly developing regulatory environment in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The course will clarify the obligations that apply to you and your organisation in that jurisdiction.
Who is this for?
This course is relevant to all staff working in the DIFC for a DFSA Regulated firm.
- The history of the regulatory regime in the UAE
- The relevant Federal Laws, decrees and the constitution
- The regulatory organisation: pre and post DIFC
- International recognition
- The DFSA and the DIFC
- The aims and objectives
- DFSA’s approach to regulation and main target areas
- DFSA Rulebook
- An overview of the DFSA Conduct of Business Rules
- The Authorisation process
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DIFC regulatory environment, particularly the role of the DFSA, including:
- When, how and why it was established
- Its structure, responsibilities and powers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure of the DFSA Rulebook, including the:
- Application and Licensing process
- Firm's scope of business and category
- Conduct of Business rules
- Powers and Enforcement
- Describe the obligation on Authorised firms to identify and manage business risks
- Understand the relationship between the DFSA and the other Regulatory Bodies e.g. Central Bank and SCA.