DFSA Regulatory and Compliance Induction Programme
Our DFSA Regulatory and Compliance Induction Programme is designed to provide a complete induction training solution for DFSA-regulated firms in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
The programme incorporates our DFSA Regulatory Overview course, a comprehensive introduction to the regulatory environment in the DIFC in a convenient ‘on-demand’ format, delivered by Nigel Sydenham.
This is supplemented by a collection of essential modules drawn from our library of interactive and engaging eLearning:
- AML Awareness – our introductory AML module, with specific content relating to the DFSA’s rules, helping you to meet the DFSA’s annual AML training requirement.
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption – a comprehensive overview of the issues of bribery and corruption.
- DIFC Data Protection – an introduction to data protection, fully updated to reflect the DIFC Data Protection Law which came into force in October 2020.
- The Importance of Compliance – a highly-interactive module which reinforces the importance of employees complying with applicable law and regulations as well as the values of the firm.
Once enrolled, trainees can access each of the course components at their convenience, fitting their studies around work and other commitments.
Who is this for?
This course is relevant to all staff working in the DIFC for a DFSA Regulated firm.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DIFC regulatory environment, particularly the role of the DFSA, including:
- When, how and why it was established
- Its structure, responsibilities and powers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure of the DFSA Rulebook, including the:
- Application and Licensing process
- Firm's scope of business and category
- Conduct of Business rules
- Powers and Enforcement
- Describe the obligation on Authorised firms to identify and manage business risks
- Understand the relationship between the DFSA and the other Regulatory Bodies e.g. Central Bank and SCA.
The tutor-led tutorials in this programme are as follows:
- Course Introduction
- Overview of the DIFC Regulatory Regime
- The Role and Functions of the DFSA
- Overview of the GEN Module
- The DFSA Principles
- Introduction to the COB Module
- Client Classification Part 1
- Client Classification Part 2
- Core Rules for Investment Business
- Conflicts of Interest and Recordkeeping
Our On-Demand courses consist of a suite of bite-size video tutorials and a short assessment, allowing you to consume the training over a course of weeks or months. In addition to the recorded tutorials, you will have access to our “ask the tutor" facility for 3 months.
This induction programme includes the following 45-minute eLearning modules: