International Corporate Governance Certificate
Numerous studies have concluded that well-governed organisations worldwide perform better in commercial terms and are less likely to suffer damage to reputation and profits. It is generally agreed that by adopting Corporate Governance best practices organisations can:
- Improve access to external financing
- Lower the cost of capital
- Improve operational performance
- Improve share performance
- Reduce the risk of corporate crises
With this in mind, it is clear that the basic principles of good Corporate Governance are an increasingly important factor for investment and other strategic decisions.
This 2 day workshop has been derived from the IFC/Global Corporate Governance Forum’s Corporate Governance Board Leadership Programme. The workshop is designed to meet the needs of today's busy professionals including Board Members, Directors, Senior Managers, Compliance Officers, Company Secretaries, Internal Auditors, and those with responsibility for corporate governance.
This certificate programme is ideal for all participants who seek to join the growing numbers of organisations who have recognised the benefits of good governance.
Who is this for?
The workshop is designed to meet the needs of today's busy professionals including Board Members, Directors, Senior Managers, Compliance Officers, Company Secretaries, Internal Auditors, and those with responsibility for Corporate Governance.
Introducing Corporate Governance
- Background and History
- The Business Case
- Disclosure and Transparency
- Shareholders and Stakeholders
- Roles, Duties & Liabilities
- The Effective Board
- Board Practices and Procedures
- The Governance of Strategy
- Evaluating Director’s Performance
- The Governance of Risk
- Corporate Responsibility
Financial Stewardship and Accountability
- Financial Oversight
- Financial Reporting
- The Control Environment
Leading, Planning & Improvement
- Developing an Action Plan
- Leading Change
Have the flexibility to deliver your In-House training in-person by one of our trainers at your premises, or virtually via Zoom, Teams or Webex.
Find out more about your Virtual or In-Person training experience below.
Our virtual training courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our in-person courses. To achieve this, our trainers use market-leading technology and a range of training techniques to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Courses include the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to highlight the practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants can submit questions and comments, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
Recording: public course participants have the option to access a recording of the course for one month after the course. In-House clients also have the option to record their training for an additional fee.
On-going Q&A: public course participants can access an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.
Our in-person training is delivered face to face at your offices, and includes:
- ‘In-the-moment’ questions & discussions: questions through conversations allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Q&A: participants can ask questions during training, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.