International Introduction to Securities and Investment - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI International Introduction to Securities and Investment (IISI)? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The International Introduction to Securities & Investment offers a comprehensive introduction to the financial services sector, with a specific focus on investments. It is the foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications.
This qualification covers key financial principles and products in depth including, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, and other assets and markets. It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services sector operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems.
The qualification also offers an introduction to financial services regulation and ensures candidates are provided with an understanding of ethical behaviour and acting with integrity.
Your training options
- Distance Learning - individuals can access the world-class, CISI exam-based training, usually only available to firms booking private training for their staff. Details can be found under the Distance Learning On-Demand section below.
- In-House - for companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
Suitable for new entrants to the professional sector and staff who are beginning their career in financial services. The broad coverage makes the qualification suitable for all staff, not just those responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer services, sales and marketing and HR and training.
- The Financial Services Industry
Financial Assets and Markets
- Cash Deposits
- Money Market Instruments
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Corporate Bonds
- Derivatives Uses
- Derivatives/Commodity Exchanges
- Open-Ended/Mutual Funds
- Closed-Ended Investment Companies
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Exchange-Traded Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
Financial Services Regulation
- Financial Crime
- Insider Trading and Market Abuse
Other Financial Products
- Retirement Planning
- Life Assurance
CISI Exam Details
1 Hour multiple choice computer-based test (CBT)
Pass Mark: 70%
CISI Work Book & Exam Fees
Exam & Workbook £223.00
+£35.00 CISI registration for new students
Exam, Workbook and eLearning package £238.00
+£60.00 CISI registration for new students
Recommended minimum study time: 80 hours
To order your workbook and book your exam, visit the CISI's online Booking Portal
On-Demand or In-House Delivery
All of CCL Academy’s Distance Learning solutions can be delivered On-Demand or In-House.
Distance Learning On-Demand Delivery
Our CISI Distance Learning On-Demand solutions are ideal for individuals who want to access world-class, CISI exam-based training that’s usually only available to firms booking private training for their employees.
The solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam, including access to the CCL Academy CISI Distance Learning Platform which comprises of:
- Study plan - A logical, step by step approach to the learning journey.
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI.
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook.
- Video tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.
The CCL Academy’s In-House training offering is suitable for firms with more than 5 staff to train.
Our recommended approach includes live, virtual (or In-Person) tutorials with one of our leading CISI trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Training includes regular progress tests designed to gauge participants on their understanding, and finishes with a mock exam to assess their exam readiness.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their real exam.