International Introduction to Securities and Investment - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI International Introduction to Securities and Investment (IISI)? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The International Introduction to Securities & Investment offers a comprehensive introduction to the financial services sector, with a specific focus on investments. It is the foundation exam for many higher-level CISI qualifications.
This qualification covers key financial principles and products in depth including, equities, bonds, derivatives, investment funds, and other assets and markets. It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services sector operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems.
The qualification also offers an introduction to financial services regulation, ensuring candidates are provided with an understanding of ethical behaviour and acting with integrity, and an overview of the financial advice process.
This course is delivered in-house. For companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
Suitable for new entrants to the professional sector and staff who are beginning their career in financial services. The broad coverage makes the qualification suitable for all staff, not just those responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer services, sales and marketing and HR and training.
- The Financial Services Industry
- Government Bonds
- Corporate Bonds
Financial Assets and Markets
- Cash Deposits
- Money Market Instruments
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Derivatives Uses
- Derivatives/Commodity Exchanges
- Open-Ended/Mutual Funds
- Closed-Ended Investment Companies
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Exchange-Traded Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
Financial Services Regulation
- Financial Crime
- Insider Trading and Market Abuse
Other Financial Products
- Retirement Planning
- Life Assurance
- Areas of Financial Advice
- Financial Advice Process
- Legal Concepts
CISI Exam Details
1 Hour multiple choice computer-based test (CBT)
Pass Mark: 70%
CISI Workbook & Exam Fees
Exam & Workbook £241.00
+£40.00 CISI registration for new students
Recommended minimum study time: 80 hours
To order your workbook and book your exam, visit the CISI's online Booking Portal
Our virtual training courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our in-person courses. To achieve this, our trainers use market-leading technology and a range of training techniques to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Courses include the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to highlight the practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants can submit questions and comments, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
Recording: public course participants have the option to access a recording of the course for one month after the course. In-House clients also have the option to record their training for an additional fee.
On-going Q&A: public course participants can access an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.
Our in-person training is delivered face to face at your offices, and includes:
- ‘In-the-moment’ questions & discussions: questions through conversations allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Q&A: participants can ask questions during training, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.