Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ) - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ)? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The Islamic Finance Qualification is a ground-breaking qualification that covers Islamic finance from both a technical and Shariah perspective, providing the first international benchmark in the area of Islamic finance.
The IFQ provides candidates with an understanding of the influence of Shariah in a business context, and prepares candidates to hold key positions in the areas of Islamic finance and Takaful (Islamic insurance).
Who is this for?
The qualification is appropriate for both existing and new employees and those seeking a career in Islamic finance.
The Basis of Islamic Banking and Finance
An Introduction to Islamic Banking and Finance
Islamic Principles of Transactions
- Islamic Principles relating to Business
- Rules of Transactions
Basic Contracts and Their Treatment
- Contracts of Exchange
- Security Contracts
- Foreign Exchange
- Accounting Treatment
Financial Contracts and Techniques Applied by Islamic Banks
- Types of Contracts
- Funds in Islamic Banking
- Letters of Credit
- Wa’d and Ah’d
Islamic Asset Management and Socially Responsible Investing (SRI)
- Comparison of Conventional and Islamic Financing
- Islamic Investing
- Selecting Shariah-Compliant Investments
- Fund Management
- Types of Fund
- Characteristics of Sukuk
- Structuring Sukuk
- Sukuk Regulations
- Capital Market Considerations
Islamic Insurance – Takaful
- History of Takaful
- Types of Takaful
- Structure of Takaful
- Takaful Industry Considerations
Islamic Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance
- Shariah Supervisory Board
- Corporate Governance Regulations and Standards
- Investment Account Holders
- Corporate Governance in Takaful
CISI Exam Details
2 Hour multiple choice computer-based test (CBT)
Pass Mark: 70%
CISI Workbook & Exam Fees
Exam & Workbook £359.00
+£40.00 CISI registration for new students
Exam, Workbook and eLearning package £377.00
+£66.00 CISI registration for new students
Recommended minimum study time: 130 hours
To order your workbook and book your exam, visit the CISI's online Booking Portal
Have the flexibility to deliver your In-House training in-person by one of our trainers at your premises, or virtually via Zoom, Teams or Webex.
One of our CISI expert trainers will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock exams
Our training sessions commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the topics.
Participants are also provided with chapter-by-chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and facilitate monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme. They are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.
Find out more about your Virtual or In-Person training experience below.
Our virtual training courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our in-person courses. To achieve this, our trainers use market-leading technology and a range of training techniques to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Courses include the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to highlight the practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants can submit questions and comments, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
Recording: public course participants have the option to access a recording of the course for one month after the course. In-House clients also have the option to record their training for an additional fee.
On-going Q&A: public course participants can access an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.
Our in-person training is delivered face to face at your offices, and includes:
- ‘In-the-moment’ questions & discussions: questions through conversations allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Q&A: participants can ask questions during training, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.