Risk in Financial Services - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI Risk in Financial Services? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The CISI's Risk in Financial Services qualification is a comprehensive introduction to the major risk areas in financial services. It provides a sound grounding in the principles of the risk management framework and corporate governance and risk oversight. It covers specific techniques used in identifying, reducing and managing operational risk, credit risk, market risk, investment risk, liquidity risk and model risk.
Risk in Financial Services can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as part of the CISI's Investment Operations Certificate (IOC).
Your training options
- Distance Learning - individuals can access the world-class, CISI exam-based training, usually only available to firms booking private training for their staff. Details can be found under the Distance Learning On-Demand section below.
- In-House - for companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
The Risk in Financial Services qualification is aimed at risk teams, compliance teams, branch management, corporate lawyers, finance officers, senior managers of all disciplines and existing and aspiring non-executive directors.
Principles of Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk in Business
- Specific Risks in Financial Services
- Emerging considerations for the Financial Services industry
International Risk Regulation
- The Bank for International Settlements
- Basel Regulatory Capital
- Regulatory Risk
- Other Relevant Regulations
- Definitions of Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Policy
- Operational Risk Framework
- Operational Risk Identification
- Operational Risk Assessment and Measurement
- Managing Operational Risk
- Identification of Credit Risk
- Credit Risk Measurement
- Credit Risk Management
- Identification of Market Risk
- Market Risk Management
- The Measurement of Investment Returns
- Identification, Measurement and Management of Investment Risk
- Identification of Liquidity Risk
- Measurement of Liquidity Risk
- Management of Liquidity Risk
- Overview of Model Risk
Risk Oversight and Corporate Governance
- Risk Governance within Financial Services Organisations
- Risk Culture and Leadership
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Overview of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
CISI Exam Details
2 Hour multiple choice computer-based test (CBT)
Pass Mark: 70%
CISI Workbook & Exam Fees
Exam & Workbook £331.00
+£35.00 CISI registration for new students
Exam, Workbook and eLearning package £347.00
+£60.00 CISI registration for new students
Recommended minimum study time: 100 hours
To order your workbook and book your exam, visit the CISI's online Booking Portal
On-Demand or In-House Delivery
All of CCL Academy’s Distance Learning solutions can be delivered On-Demand or In-House.
Distance Learning On-Demand Delivery
Our CISI Distance Learning On-Demand solutions are ideal for individuals who want to access world-class, CISI exam-based training that’s usually only available to firms booking private training for their employees.
The solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam, including access to the CCL Academy CISI Distance Learning Platform which comprises of:
- Study plan - A logical, step by step approach to the learning journey.
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI.
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook.
- Video tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.
The CCL Academy’s In-House training offering is suitable for firms with more than 5 staff to train.
Our recommended approach includes live, virtual (or In-Person) tutorials with one of our leading CISI trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Training includes regular progress tests designed to gauge participants on their understanding, and finishes with a mock exam to assess their exam readiness.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their real exam.