Financial Crime Workshop for Senior Management & The Board
This course provides Senior Management & The Board with a comprehensive and practical understanding of their roles and responsibilities under relevant laws, regulations and regulatory expectations, as well as an understanding of what happens if those are not met.
Who is this for?
This course is ideal for members of the Board and others within Senior Management in all firms subject to regulation by the UAE Central Bank and in consideration of regulation by the DFSA.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain the key risks and challenges in relation to compliance with relevant AML and CTF laws and regulations
- Describe and apply the requirements of the Board and Senior Management a risk-based approach to AML and CTF
- Understand and respond to the regulator’s expectations regarding management information and challenge
- An overview of AML and CTF, including an understanding of relevant trends and events
- Recent enforcement actions and their implications for those on a Board or senior management
- A reminder of the core legislation and regulations relating to anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing
- A review of the legal and regulatory requirements of board members and senior management, including a review of best practice and regulatory expectations
- Requirements relating to the establishment of AML and CTF regimes, including methods for monitoring and reporting on those systems
- Suspicious activity reporting requirements and best practice
- The importance of management information and management challenge
The following are optional and are often required by Boards and Senior Management:
- An overview of sanctions risk, different sanctions regimes and the management of sanctions risk
- An overview of Bribery and corruption risk
- An overview of fraud risk, both internal fraud and external and Cyber fraud, and management of the risk
- Each section includes any requirements and best practice for Boards and Senior Management
Have the flexibility to deliver your In-House training in-person by one of our trainers at your premises, or virtually via Zoom, Teams or Webex.
Find out more about your Virtual or In-Person training experience below.
Our virtual training courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our in-person courses. To achieve this, our trainers use market-leading technology and a range of training techniques to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Courses include the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to highlight the practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants can submit questions and comments, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
Recording: public course participants have the option to access a recording of the course for one month after the course. In-House clients also have the option to record their training for an additional fee.
On-going Q&A: public course participants can access an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.
Our in-person training is delivered face to face at your offices, and includes:
- ‘In-the-moment’ questions & discussions: questions through conversations allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Q&A: participants can ask questions during training, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.