International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management (ICWIM)? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) covers the essentials of financial planning, private client asset management, fund management, advisory functions and investment analysis from a global perspective. The qualification will ensure that you understand the range of assets and investment products that are available in the market and that you can identify appropriate solutions to meet the investment, retirement and protection planning needs of your clients.
Your training options
- Distance Learning - individuals can access the world-class, CISI exam-based training that is usually only available to firms booking private training for their staff, via our online Distance Learning platform. Details can be found under the Distance Learning On-Demand section below.
- In-House - for companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
The International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) is suitable for a wide audience – it is perfect for new entrants to financial services, professionals already working in the industry interested in diversifying into wealth management and those in wealth management wanting to demonstrate competence by gaining a respected benchmark qualification.
The ICWIM meets the needs of those firms who want to ensure that staff can provide high-quality advice and the qualification can usefully be incorporated into staff induction and personal development programmes.
Tutorial 1: The Financial Services Industry & Regulation
- The Purpose and Structure of the Financial Services Industry
- Financial markets
- Financial Services Regulation
- Financial crime
- Corporate Governance
Tutorial 2: Asset Classes Part 1
Tutorial 3: Asset Classes Part 2
- Investment funds
- Other investment vehicles
Tutorial 4: Fiduciary Relationships
- Fiduciary Duties
- Advising Clients
- Determining client needs
Tutorial 5: Economics & Statistics
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
Tutorial 6: Investment Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Yields and Ratios
Tutorial 7: Investment Management
- Risk and Return
- Portfolio Construction Theories
- Investment Strategies
- Performance Measurement
Tutorial 8 - Lifetime Financial Provision
- Retirement planning
- Protection planning
- Estate planning, trusts and foundations
On-Demand or In-House Delivery
All of CCL Academy’s Distance Learning solutions can be delivered On-Demand or In-House.
Distance Learning On-Demand Delivery
Our CISI Distance Learning On-Demand solutions are ideal for individuals who want to access world-class, CISI exam-based training that’s usually only available to firms booking private training for their employees.
The solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam, including access to the CCL Academy CISI Distance Learning Platform which comprises of:
- Study plan - A logical, step by step approach to the learning journey.
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI.
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook.
- Video tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.
The CCL Academy’s In-House training offering is suitable for firms with more than 5 staff to train.
Our recommended approach includes live, virtual (or In-Person) tutorials with one of our leading CISI trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Training includes regular progress tests designed to gauge participants on their understanding, and finishes with a mock exam to assess their exam readiness.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their real exam.