Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance - CISI
Are you studying for the CISI Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance? And do you want to increase your chances of success? Our courses give you the tools and assistance you need.
The CISI Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance provides an introduction to the philosophy of Islamic banking and finance and offers an overview of the industry making it an ideal first step towards a career in Islamic banking and finance.
The syllabus covers the key Islamic banking and finance principles and concepts including Islamic economics and its worldview, infrastructure and history, Islamic business ethics, and Shariah and Fiqh principles.
The CISI's Fundamentals of Islamic Banking & Finance is recognised by UK's Ofqual as a level 2 Award in Fundamentals of Islamic Banking & Finance and as a level 2 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). On the European Qualifications Framework, this equates to a level 3 qualification.
Who is this for?
Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance is an ideal qualification for those wishing to launch a career in Islamic banking and finance. It is suitable for all staff working in, or aspiring to work in, the Islamic finance areas of financial services.
It is also suited to those wishing to further their studies and research related to this field or professionals operating in financial services who want to gain a comprehensive overview of the Islamic finance sector.
Islamic Economics and its Worldview
- Islamic Economics
- Evolution of Islamic Economics
- Key Concepts in Islamic Economics
The Origins, History and Evolution of Islamic Banking and Finance
Shariah and Fiqh Principals
Islamic Business Ethics
Islamic Banking and Finance Features
- Fundamentals of Islamic Banking and Finance
- Concept of Money
- Preferred Transaction Types
- Core Islamic Finance Products
- Comparison of Conventional and Islamic Financing
- Observation and Criticisms
Islamic Banking and Finance Infrastructure including Fintech
- Regulatory Environment
- Sector-building Institutions
- Role of Financial Technology
CISI Exam Details
1 Hour multiple choice computer-based test
Pass Mark: 70%
CISI Workbook & Exam Fees
Exam & Workbook £168.00
+£40.00 CISI registration for new students
Exam, Workbook and eLearning package £168.00
+£66.00 CISI registration for new students
Recommended minimum study time: 80 hours
To order your workbook and book your exam, visit the CISI's online Booking Portal
Have the flexibility to deliver your In-House training in-person by one of our trainers at your premises, or virtually via Zoom, Teams or Webex.
One of our CISI expert trainers will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock exams
Our training sessions commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the topics.
Participants are also provided with chapter-by-chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and facilitate monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme. They are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.
Find out more about your Virtual or In-Person training experience below.
Our virtual training courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our in-person courses. To achieve this, our trainers use market-leading technology and a range of training techniques to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Courses include the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to highlight the practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants can submit questions and comments, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
Recording: public course participants have the option to access a recording of the course for one month after the course. In-House clients also have the option to record their training for an additional fee.
On-going Q&A: public course participants can access an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.
Our in-person training is delivered face to face at your offices, and includes:
- ‘In-the-moment’ questions & discussions: questions through conversations allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Q&A: participants can ask questions during training, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.