Duration: 2.5 Days
Location: Dubai, UAE
Upcoming Dates: 03 - 05 Mar 2019
Effective Compliance for senior officers is not just about technical knowledge, but also about effective communication – spreading the word to the business. Above all, it requires the engagement and understanding of senior management. This module considers how to achieve the confidence of senior management, how to work with them...
Effective Compliance for senior officers is not just about technical knowledge, but also about effective communication – spreading the word to the business. Above all, it requires the engagement and understanding of senior management. This module considers how to achieve the confidence of senior management, how to work with them (but to disagree with them when necessary) and how to use their influence to convey the right message throughout the firm. The module also considers how to get that message across. The effectiveness of Compliance training is of paramount importance and participants will benefit from the practical tips and advice contained in this module.
Of equal importance is the need for effective corporate governance arrangements within the firm. Compliance Officers increasingly have a role to play in assessing this and liaising with regulators on governance issues. While it is difficult to prescribe a specific, universal governance structure to fit all types of firm, this module will discuss the appropriate outcomes for an effective governance framework and provide Compliance Officers with the tools to work with management in achieving this.
This course can be taken as a stand-alone module or as part of the Advanced Diploma in Compliance & Financial Crime. The Diploma programme has been developed by CCL Academy in association with the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
Who is this for?
Senior Compliance & AML Staff who already have a number of years experience in a Compliance, AML or Regulatory function.
Implementing Corporate Governance
- Assessing the right governance structure
- Regulators’ principles of corporate governance
- Roles and responsibilities
- Decision-making in an effective governance structure
- Risk management and governance
- Monitoring performance in a governance structure
- Defining outcomes for an effective governance structure
Dealing with the Boardroom
- What senior management need to bring to the compliance programme
- How to deal with senior management in challenging, grey areas
- Techniques for influencing senior management in areas of disagreement
- How to build good working relationships at a senior level with different types of manager
- Codes of ethics and expressions of corporate values - how does one make them effective and define the parameters of acceptable conduct with senior management?
- How to bypass business management and go straight to senior management, but still work effectively with the same people afterwards
- How to work through situations where disagreement is so fundamental that you consider resignation
- How to undertake a meaningful training needs analysis to get the attention of senior management
- Different styles of Compliance training:
- Importance and benefits of each style
- The key details involved in each method
- Involvement of senior Compliance staff and business management
- The circumstances in which different methods can be used
- Scenario-based challenge - which training methods to choose
- Introducing creativity into your training
- Key tips for Compliance presentations
- How these tips can be used in practice
- The importance of Compliance reporting - how to do it well
- Understand the key corporate governance principles and the challenges that these pose to firms
- Appreciate the importance of senior management buy-in
- Understand techniques to gain senior management support for Compliance
- Know how to communicate compliance issues with authority and confidence