The International Introduction to Securities & Investment offers a comprehensive introduction to the financial services sector, with a specific focus on investments. It is the foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications. This qualification covers key financial principles and products in depth including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives...
The International Introduction to Securities & Investment offers a comprehensive introduction to the financial services sector, with a specific focus on investments. It is the foundation exam for many higher level CISI qualifications.
This qualification covers key financial principles and products in depth including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives and investment funds. It explores the broader economic environment in which the financial services sector operates and looks at how economic activity is determined and managed in different economic and political systems. The qualification offers a first introduction to financial services regulation and ensures candidates are provided with an understanding of ethical behaviour and acting with integrity.
Your training options
- Distance Learning - individuals can now access the same world-class, CISI exam-based training, usually only accessible to firms booking private training for their staff. Details can be found in the distance learning tab.
- Inhouse - for companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
Suitable for new entrants to the professional sector and staff who are beginning their career in financial services. The broad topics covered make the qualification suitable for all staff, not just those responsible for making investment decisions, including administration, finance and accounting, IT, customer services, sales and marketing and HR and training.
- The Financial Services Industry
- Economic Environment
Financial Assets and Markets
- Providing information
- Cash Deposits
- Money Market Instruments
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Corporate Bonds
- Derivatives Uses
- Derivatives/Commodity Exchanges
- Open-Ended/Mutual Funds
- Closed-Ended Investment Companies
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Exchange-Traded Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
Financial Services Regulation
- Financial Crime
- Insider Trading and Market Abuse
Other Financial Products
- Retirement Planning
- Life Assurance
Our CISI Distance Learning Solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam. The solution is a cost-effective alternative to classroom training and provides students with the added benefit of empowering them to set their study timetable, whilst providing L&D with regular feedback on their study progress.
The solution comprises of the following elements:
CISI Distance Learning Platform
- Study plan - A study timeline
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook
- Online tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.
Our inhouse CISI study programmes can be tailored to your Firm's requirements, and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face or live virtual training
Our recommended approach includes face to face or live virtual training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock
Our training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our inhouse CISI study programmes, participants have access to our Distance Learning Platform which includes guided tutorials, chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.