The International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) covers the essentials of financial planning, private client asset management, fund management, advisory functions and investment analysis from a global perspective. The qualification will ensure that you understand the range of assets and investment products that are available in the market...
The International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) covers the essentials of financial planning, private client asset management, fund management, advisory functions and investment analysis from a global perspective. The qualification will ensure that you understand the range of assets and investment products that are available in the market and find appropriate solutions to meet the investment, retirement and protection planning needs of your clients.
Your training options
- Distance Learning - individuals can now access the same world-class, CISI exam-based training, usually only accessible to firms booking private training for their staff. Details can be found in the distance learning tab.
- Inhouse - for companies looking to train more than 5 staff, we offer bespoke training programmes which can include live tutorials, additional exam practice and our distance learning platform. Contact us for a quote.
Who is this for?
The International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management (ICWIM) is suitable for a wide audience – it is perfect for new entrants to financial services, professionals already working in the industry interested in diversifying into wealth management and those in wealth management wanting to demonstrate competence by gaining a respected benchmark qualification.
The ICWIM meets the needs of those firms who want to ensure that staff are able to provide high-quality advice and the qualification can be included into staff induction programmes.
Tutorial 1: The Financial Services Industry & Regulation
- The Purpose and Structure of the Financial Services Industry
- Financial markets
- Financial Services Regulation
- Financial crime
- Corporate Governance
Tutorial 2: Asset Classes Part 1
Tutorial 3: Asset Classes Part 2
- Investment funds
- Other investment vehicles
Tutorial 4: Fiduciary Relationships
- Fiduciary Duties
- Advising Clients
- Determining client needs
Tutorial 5: Economics & Statistics
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
Tutorial 6: Investment Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Yields and Ratios
Tutorial 7: Investment Management
- Risk and Return
- Portfolio Construction Theories
- Investment Strategies
- Performance Measurement
Tutorial 8 - Lifetime Financial Provision
- Retirement planning
- Protection planning
- Estate planning, trusts and foundations
Our CISI Distance Learning Solution provides students with a range of study aids to help them effectively prepare for their chosen CISI exam.
The solution comprises of the following elements:
- CISI Distance Learning Platform
- Study plan - A study timeline
- CISI workbook - The official workbook published by the CISI
- Slide summaries - Focused summaries of each chapter of the workbook
- Audio tutorials - Bite-size recordings from one of our leading CISI trainers, narrating the key points of each chapter using the slide summaries. Students can watch these as and when they wish.
- Chapter tests - 10 multiple choice questions drawn from each individual chapter of the workbook delivered online after each chapter.
- Practice mock exam - As in the real exam, a multiple-choice exam appropriately spread across the syllabus/workbook chapters. Students will be able to review their answers and repeat the exam as many times as they like.
- Exam readiness mock exam - A multiple-choice exam designed to assess the student’s readiness to sit the real exam.
- Email support - The ability for students to email our CISI tutor team directly with any concerns or needs for further clarification.
Our inhouse CISI study programmes can be tailored to your Firm's requirements, and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face or live virtual training
Our recommended approach includes face to face or live virtual training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock exams
Our training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our inhouse CISI study programmes, participants have access to our Distance Learning Platform which includes guided tutorials, chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.