Duration: 1 Day
Delivery method: In-house
All regulated firms should establish and maintain systems and controls that ensure its affairs are managed effectively and responsibly by its senior management. The nature and extent of the systems and controls of a firm will depend upon a variety of factors, including the scale and complexity of its business....
All regulated firms should establish and maintain systems and controls that ensure its affairs are managed effectively and responsibly by its senior management. The nature and extent of the systems and controls of a firm will depend upon a variety of factors, including the scale and complexity of its business. The course will provide participants with a practical guide to this topic, beginning with the importance of Corporate Governance and apportioning responsibilities, and considering a number of essential areas such as conflicts of interest and the control functions.
The workshop style programme uses a variety of teaching methods including relevant case studies, illustrative examples and participant interaction to help participants quickly grasp and internalise new knowledge. It is highly interactive and participants will be invited to discuss illustrative examples and real-life case studies in order to gain a practical understanding of all these issues.
This course is part of our Certified Compliance & AML Manager Award programme in association with Henley Business School and ICMA Centre. This programme is only available to firms on an in-house basis.
Who is this for?
The course will be of considerable value to Money Laundering Reporting Officers, Compliance Officers and Internal Audit staff with at least 2 years relevant experience and who wish to cement their understanding of the topic with a sound practical grounding.
- The importance of Corporate Governance in establishing effective systems and controls
- Apportionment of significant responsibilities
- Business plan and strategy
- Conflicts of interest
- Remuneration structure and strategies
- Suitability of staff and agents
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Internal Audit
- Business continuity planning
- Record keeping
After attending this session, participants will:
- Understand the importance of effective Corporate Governance and assigning key responsibilities
- Know why they need to manage both real and potential conflicts of interest, as well as set appropriate remuneration strategies
- Know what role Compliance and Risk Management have in establishing effective control structures
- Know what role Internal Audit has in establishing effective control structures
- Be able to construct an effective Business Continuity Plan
- Understand the importance of record keeping