Duration: 2 Days
Delivery method: In-house
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) have developed the DIFC Rules and Regulations paper in collaboration with the DFSA. This two day exam study course provides candidates with a high level overview and understanding of the DFSA rules and regulations that govern the firms and the staff within...
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) have developed the DIFC Rules and Regulations paper in collaboration with the DFSA. This two day exam study course provides candidates with a high level overview and understanding of the DFSA rules and regulations that govern the firms and the staff within the DIFC and effectively prepares them for the exam. During the course, candidates will be given a series of practice questions and mock exams to successfully prepare them for the exam.
Who is this for?
This course is appropriate for all staff working within the DIFC who would like to obtain a greater understanding of the DFSA rules and regulations. This paper can be taken as a standalone qualification or part of one of the CISI's programmes.
The Financial Free Zone Law
- The Financial Free Zone
- Financial Free Zone Laws and Rules
- Financial Services Activities
- Activity by way of business
- The Principles for Authorised Firms
- The Principles for Authorised Individuals
- Management, Systems & Controls
- General Provisions
- Complaints handling and Dispute Resolution
- Transition Rules
- Licence Application
- Application to Change the Scope of a Licence or seek a Withdrawal of licence
- Authorised Individuals
- Licensed Functions
Conduct of Business
- Client Classification
- Core Rules - Investment Business, Accepting Deposits, Providing Credit and Providing Trust Services
- Additional Rules - Investment Business
- Client Assets
- Client Money
- Client Investments
- Communication of Information (Insurance)
- Information Gathering
- Requirement to Provide a Report
- Waiver of a provision of a rule
- Commencing Investigations
- Information Gathering and Investigation Powers
- Conclusion of Investigations
Ancillary Service Providers
- Ancillary Services
- Disclosure of Regulatory Status
- Variation or Withdrawal of Registration
- Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Customer Identification
- Reporting Requirements
- Money Laundering Risks
- Transfer of Funds
- Awareness and Training
Islamic Financial Business
- Islamic Finance
- General Requirements
- Accounting Standards
- Managing Profit Sharing Investment Accounts
- Conduct Rules for offers of Islamic Securities
- Takaful insurance
- Exempt Offers
- Prospectus Requirements
- Official List of Securities
- Obligations of Reporting Entities
- Prevention of Market Misconduct
- Market Misconduct
- Insider Dealing
Collective Investment Rules
- Definition of types of Funds, excluded Funds and Offers of Units
- External Fund Managers and External Funds
- Core rules relating to Establishment and Management of Domestic Funds
- Rules specific to different types of Domestic Funds
- Marketing of Funds
Our classroom training is delivered in-house and can be tailored to your Firm's requirements and the ability of the audience preparing for CISI exams.
Face to face training
Our recommended approach includes face to face training with one of our CISI expert trainers who will guide participants through the syllabus in a structured, engaging and interactive manner.
Practice tests and mock
Our face to face training days commence with a ‘kick-off’ test, testing the participants on their existing capabilities, and finish with a ‘progress’ test assessing their progress on the days topics.
As part of our in-house CISI study programmes, participants have access to chapter by chapter practice questions and a mock exam that simulates the real CISI examination.
These tools provide valuable feedback and monitoring to track the participants’ performance throughout the study programme and are vital in effectively preparing participants for success in their CISI exam.