This training course offers a comprehensive introduction to the regulatory environment in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) in a convenient ‘on-demand’ format. It provides those working in the DIFC with the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), and its approach to regulation, as...
This training course offers a comprehensive introduction to the regulatory environment in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) in a convenient ‘on-demand’ format. It provides those working in the DIFC with the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA), and its approach to regulation, as well as the principal obligations on both firms and employees.
The course, a combination of short videos, case studies and other learning activities, is designed to be engaging for trainees, and encourages them to consider the impact of the rules on their firms, and on them personally. Once enrolled, trainees can access the course at their convenience, fitting their studies around work and other commitments.
Who is this for?
This course is relevant to all staff working in the DIFC for a DFSA Regulated firm.
The tutor-led tutorials in this programme are as follows:
- Course Introduction
- Overview of the DIFC Regulatory Regime
- The Role and Functions of the DFSA
- Overview of the GEN Module
- The DFSA Principles
- Introduction to the COB Module
- Client Classification Part 1
- Client Classification Part 2
- Core Rules for Investment Business
- Conflicts of Interest and Recordkeeping
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DIFC regulatory environment, particularly the role of the DFSA, including:
- When, how and why it was established
- Its structure, responsibilities and powers
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure of the DFSA Rulebook, including the:
- Application and Licensing process
- Firm's scope of business and category
- Conduct of Business rules
- Powers and Enforcement
- Describe the obligation on Authorised firms to identify and manage business risks
- Understand the relationship between the DFSA and the other Regulatory Bodies e.g. Central Bank and SCA.
Are On-Demand training courses right for you?
If you do not have time to attend our live virtual courses, our On-Demand courses might be the answer.
Our On-Demand courses consist of a suite of bite-size video tutorials and a short assessment, allowing you to consume the training over a course of weeks or months. In addition to the recorded tutorials, you will have access to our “ask the tutor" facility for 3 months.