Staff within financial services and beyond hear a lot about ethics (and its importance) but they are often uncertain as to what it means (for them and their firm), why it is considered important and what they (and their firm) should do (and avoid doing) to be ethical in business. This introductory eLearning module will take participants through each of these (what ethics means, why it is important and how to embed it in the workplace) in a simple, clear, concise and interactive manner. The key outcome will be a proper appreciation of the need for an ethical approach that will dovetail with the stated ethical values of all employers.
This eLearning module will synthesise what ethics means, explain why it is important and how it can be embedded in businesses.
- Introduction – ethics defined
- The impact of an ethical approach
- Tone from the top – governance and senior management
- The broader workforce – embedding ethical principles and values
- Systems and controls – including the three lines of defence
- Ethics and other stakeholders –shareholders, customers, suppliers, regulators, the wider community
Key features of our eLearning include: