Duration: 1 Day
Available: In-House only
All regulated firms must have sufficient internal procedures to identify, measure, mitigate and monitor its risks. Identifying and mapping those risks will help ensure the firm has sound risk management systems in place, as well as assist in maintaining adequate internal capital relative to its risk profile. The course will...
Who is this for?
The course will be of considerable value to Senior Managers, Risk Officers, Money Laundering Reporting Officers, and Compliance Officers with at least 2 years relevant experience and who wish to cement their understanding of the topic with a sound practical grounding.
- Introduction – what is risk?
- Identifying risk
- Credit risk
- Market risk
- Operational risk
- Compliance risk
- Liquidity risk
- Risk mapping
- Identifying your risk universe
- Measuring inherent risk
- Applying internal systems and controls
- Measuring residual risk
- Effective risk monitoring
- Understand the concept of risk and its importance
- Be able to describe the main categories of risk their firm faces
- Be able to construct a comprehensive risk matrix
- Know how to identify and measure risks
- Be able to assess the adequacy of internal systems and controls
- Know how to monitor risk effectively