Duration: 2 Hours (2 CPD Points)
Location: Dubai, UAE
Upcoming Dates: 23 Feb 2020
This modular is intended to provide an overview of the key issues with regard to Corporate Governance and the responsibilities of senior management in DFSA-regulated firms. Attending this module will assist in ensuring your firm can not only meet regulatory expectations, but also reduce its enterprise risk.This module is part...
This modular is intended to provide an overview of the key issues with regard to Corporate Governance and the responsibilities of senior management in DFSA-regulated firms. Attending this module will assist in ensuring your firm can not only meet regulatory expectations, but also reduce its enterprise risk.
This module is part of our DFSA SEO & Compliance CPD Programme, designed to meet the DFSA's mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. The DFSA require Senior Executive Officers (SEOs), Compliance Officers and Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs) to complete 15 hours of relevant CPD training every 12 months.
Each of the four modules in our programme consist of a two-hour training course delivered in the DIFC, with one module being delivered every quarter. Upon completing each module, participants will be awarded 2 CPD points. Participants can opt to take one or two modules on a standalone basis or the complete programme and attain eight CPD points.
Who is this for?
Strictly reserved for Senior Management and Senior Compliance staff of DFSA-regulated firms.
- The DFSA’s requirements on Corporate Governance
- The expectations of the Regulator on the duties and responsibilities of Senior Management
- What are the essential elements of an effective Corporate Governance Framework?
- How to implement a robust organisational structure
- Regional v international standards
- What are the regulatory expectations and concerns with regards to employee remuneration?
After attending this course, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- The international focus on Corporate Governance
- The regulatory expectations on Directors and Management
- How to "Benchmark" the firm's current arrangements against regulatory requirements and best practice