Numerous studies have concluded that well-governed organisations worldwide perform better in commercial terms and are less likely to suffer damage to reputation and profits. It is generally agreed that by adopting corporate governance best practices organisations can: Improve access to external financing Lower the cost of capital Improve operational performance...
- Improve access to external financing
- Lower the cost of capital
- Improve operational performance
- Improve share performance
- Reduce the risk of corporate crises
This 3 day workshop has been derived from the IFC/Global Corporate Governance Forum’s Corporate Governance Board Leadership Programme. The workshop is designed to meet the needs of today's busy professionals including Board Members, Directors, Senior Managers, Compliance Officers, Company Secretaries, Internal Auditors, and those with responsibility for corporate governance.
This certificate programme is ideal for all participants who seek to join the growing numbers of organisations who have recognised the benefits of good governance.
Who is this for?
The workshop is designed to meet the needs of today's busy professionals including Board Members, Directors, Senior Managers, Compliance Officers, Company Secretaries, Internal Auditors, and those with responsibility for corporate governance.
- Background and History
- The Business Case
- Disclosure and Transparency
- Shareholders and Stakeholders
- Roles, Duties & Liabilities
- The Effective Board
- Board Practices
- Board Procedures
- The Governance of Strategy
- Evaluating Delivery and Director’s Performance
- The Governance of Risk
- Corporate Responsibility
- Financial Oversight
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- The Control Environment
- Corporate Governance Matrices
- Developing an Action Plan
- Leading Change
- Red flags for Directors