- 08 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
- 10 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
- 15 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
- 17 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
- 22 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
- 24 Mar 2022 (13:00 - 16:00)
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This Virtual training will lead participants through this demanding, high-level diploma workshop on Anti-Money laundering and related issues.
This highly interactive virtual workshop will include:
- Expert delivery by a highly experienced presenter with more than 30 years of experience in the field of financial crime compliance
- Case studies discussed in both plenary and in break out groups
- Lessons to be learned from major ongoing AML investigations
- Development of presentations with other participants and delivery of these presentations online
- Assessment and discussion of new developments in financial crime compliance regulatory and other areas.
- Instructor-led assessment leading to a Diploma Certificate.
Anti-Money Laundering issues tend to be amongst the most difficult facing a Compliance Officer. You need to be seen to support the business in key decision-making, whilst ensuring that the firm’s reputation and regulatory risk are managed appropriately. This module will take participants through the risk-based approach, both generally for the firm (the Business Risk Assessment) and in respect of specific customers (the Customer Risk Assessment). Finally, participants will look at both the present and the future to see how Financial Crime is changing and how they and their firms need to react to a more digital and challenging age.
This module can be taken as a standalone course or as part of the whole Diploma in Compliance, AML & Financial Crime. The Diploma consists of four modules totaling twelve days of interactive workshop learning, interspersed by examinations and assignments.
- What underpins good compliance practice
- The importance of conduct
- Conduct issues seen through recent cases
- Customer file exercise
- What drives money laundering and financing of terrorism
- In depth studies of recent cases
- Understanding risk ratings
- Laws underpinning AML and CTF offences
- Changing regulatory expectations
- The risk-based approach
- Developing a business risk assessment
- Assessing Geographic risk – The CPI
- Prepare CEO briefing
- Deliver CEO briefing
- Risks in Correspondent banking and trade-based finance
- Risks in trading and other typologies
- New client exercise
- Controls and risk mitigation
- Prepare for Board presentation 1
- Deliver Board presentation 1
- Case study
- Prepare for Board presentation 2
- Deliver Board presentation 2
- More on managing the risk-based approach
- Launder the Money
- Beneficial ownership case study
- Mutual evaluations
- Future compliance challenges
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Apply Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles to their firm
- Assess the Financial Crime Risks in their business
- Apply Customer Due Diligence (CDD) measures to all types of customer
- Apply the principles of Fighting FInancial Crime to future business development
CCL Academy’s Virtual Training (VT) courses are designed to be every bit as engaging as our face-to-face courses. To achieve this our trainers utilise market-leading technology, and a range of training techniques, to ensure high levels of interaction with participants. Each live video tutorial includes the use of:
- Virtual ‘break-out’ rooms: participants are divided into virtual rooms, to facilitate small group discussion.
- Polling: multiple-choice questions, answered anonymously, allow the trainer to assess knowledge and understanding across the group.
- Case studies: true to life case studies and scenarios are used to explore practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Messaging: participants are able to submit questions, either to the whole group or privately to the trainer.
- Accompanying recording of the video tutorial - In addition to the live event, all video tutorials will be available ‘on demand’.
- Two free eLearning modules for all participants.
- On-going Q&A – Participants will have access to an ongoing Q&A facility allowing them to ask questions relating to the course.