Duration: 9 x 2 Hour Virtual Tutorials
Location: Virtual - GST
Upcoming Dates: 08 - 28 Sep 2020
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.This...
New Delivery Method: All of our training courses are now available via live video tutorial - perfect for remote working. Log in from anywhere to join a live training session with one of our expert trainers and have access to an ‘on demand’ recording for one month after the event.
This Virtual training will lead participants through this demanding, high-level diploma workshop on Compliance skills and related issues.
- 8 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 10 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 13 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 15 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 17 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 20 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 22 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 24 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- 28 Sept (11:00 - 13:00 GST)
So much emphasis since the Global Financial Crisis has been placed not just on the risks posed by a firm’s business model, but also on how the business is conducted. This module will address what good Compliance Culture, Conduct and Governance look like and how Compliance can work with Senior Management to embed the right systems and controls, Governance and Conduct Risk into business as usual. Using case studies and real-life examples from the tutor’s experiences, participants will learn how to challenge their firms’ strategy and how business is conducted.
This module can be taken as a standalone course or as part of the whole Diploma in Compliance, AML & Financial Crime. The Diploma consists of four modules totaling twelve days of interactive workshop learning, interspersed by examinations and assignments.
Who is this for?
This module has been developed for Compliance and Financial Crime professionals with between one and five years’ experience in Compliance or Financial Crime, but exceptions may be made in respect of applicants who have significant regulatory experience or similar experience in Legal, Audit, Risk or other related functions.
Dealing with Business and Management
Session 1 (8th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- What management need to bring to the Compliance programme
- How to deal with business and management in challenging areas
- Role play: Techniques for influencing business and management in areas of disagreement
- How to build good working relationships with different types of managers
Session 2 (10th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- Codes of ethics and expressions of corporate values - how does one make them effective and define the parameters of acceptable Conduct with business and management?
- How to bypass business management and go straight to Senior Management, but still work effectively with the same people afterwards
- How to work through situations where disagreement is so fundamental that you consider resignation
Compliance Culture and Conduct
Session 3 (13th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- What do we mean by “Compliance Culture”?
- Who are the stakeholders and why is it important to them?
- Regulators’ and other stakeholders’ interest in Culture
Session 4 (15th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- How the right Compliance Culture leads to the right Conduct
- The meaning of Conduct Risk
- What does this mean for a regulated business?
Implementing Corporate Governance
Session 5 (17th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- Principles of Corporate Governance
- Roles and responsibilities
- Decision-making in an effective Governance structure
Session 6 (20th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- Risk Management and Governance
- Monitoring performance in a Governance structure
- Case study: Governance in practice
Session 7 (22nd Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- The importance of communicating Compliance at all levels
- Different styles of Compliance training
- Introducing creativity into your training
Session 8 (24th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- Key tips for Compliance presentations
- Role play: How these tips can be used in practice
- Individual exercises: practice presentations
Session 9 (28th Sept 11:00 - 13:00 GST)
- Individual exercises: practice presentations
After completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Apply effective techniques in dealing with Senior Management
- Demonstrate the meaning of 'Conduct Risk' within the context of their businesses
- Work with Senior Management to engender the right Compliance Culture within their firms
- Apply effective Corporate Governance principles to their firms
- Communicate the key Compliance messages to all parts of the organisation